The Center for the Improvement of Child Caring, and its founder and executive
director, Dr. Kerby T. Alvy, are strong supporters of a grassroots initiative to
increase the likelihood that every child in America is raised effectively and
humanely by parents who have received the best possible parenting education.
By achieving its goal, The National Effective Parenting Initiative (NEPI) has the
potential to help every child reach his or her full potential, as well as to make our
communities safer and better places to live. NEPI can also serve to reduce the
numerous and costly problems that our nation faces due to ineffective and
uninformed parenting, including helping to prevent child abuse and neglect.
You can learn more about and support NEPI by visiting its web site,
CICC and Dr. Alvy are supporting NEPI through a variety of actions:
We strongly urge you and your organizations to become part of NEPI! Visit the NEPI website and learn What You Can Do.
- Taking a leadership role in creating NEPI.
- Creating and managing the NEPI web site.
- Using its 32 years of contacts to encourage other organizations and
individuals to be involved.
- Placing NEPI on the CICC web site, which now receives over 2 million
hits per year.
- Publishing an Effective Parenting newsletter about NEPI for its 40,000
- Encouraging the more than 5000 parenting instructors that CICC has
trained nationwide to be involved and to involve the parents they serve.
- Creating a blueprint for how the President and Members of Congress can
become champions of effective parenting and parenting education, and create the
required departments and institutes to insure that all parents receive the education
they need and deserve.
- Serving as NEPI's administrative agent and accepting tax-deductible
contributions and corporate sponsorships to enable NEPI to carry out all of its
plans and projects.
- Publicizing Dr. Alvy's new book, The Positive Parent: Raising Healthy, Happy and
Successful Children Birth-Adolescence, in such a manner to encourage
participation in NEPI, including producing a video book promotion that can be
placed on web sites of other organizations and supporters. The new book, which is
being published by Columbia University's Teachers College Press, is scheduled
for publication in August 2007.
- Urge everyone to sign the Effective Parenting Petition